Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gratitude Journal - 30 October 2013

1. Running - I ran at Filinvest again last night, and it felt great! The thing is, it was pretty late when I started (aound 7:45 pm), and there weren't a lot of runners that night, so it felt pretty creepy, since there are some parts of the trail that are really dark. I guess if you let your imagination run wild it can get the better of you. LOL Seriously though, the good thing is once in a while there are roving guards/police in motorcycles and/or patrol cars. But I guess it's still better to run with a companion at night.

2. Yoga - after running, I went to Gold's and did an hour of yoga. Well, almost an hour. I haven't done the Bikram series in a while, so I incorporated a lot of those poses in my practice last night. Standing head to knee (Dandayamana-Janushirasana), seated head to knee, and the Japanese hand sandwich (Pada Hastasana or hands to feet) are really challenging poses for me. Just keep practicing, and I'll get there!



3. Job Interview - well, I WAS supposed to have an interview yesterday. But I got an SMS less than an hour before the scheduled time, asking if it is possible to have it rescheduled as the interviewer was on transit. I agreed, and so now I have my interview later. Wish me luck!

4. New pasta dish - feeling creative, I cooked tocino and sliced it into little pieces, then mixed it with chili, malunggay leaves, lots of garlic and olive oil. The result: another pasta dish that is sweet, spicy and with just the right amount of salt!

5. Gold's Gym - I am grateful that there is a Gold's Gym nearby, and a nice one at that. I am able to practice yoga by myself there (provided there are no classes, of course), and I can use all the facilities. I sometimes run using the treadmill when the weather conditions won't permit me to do so outside. I use the machines and free weights too, albeit not too often (side note: I should probably do something about that). Lastly, both the sauna and the steam room works! They're big enough too, unlike other Gold's gyms in the metro where only 4 people could fit in the sauna (the Centris branch comes to mind).

Looking forward to today's activities. Sending positive thoughts to everyone!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment