Saturday, October 26, 2013

Gratitude Journal - 26 October 2013

Hi everyone! Don't count me out yet. I'm still at it with this whole gratitude journal thing. :-) Here's a breakdown of some of the things worth being grateful for today.

1. Choir practice - music is such a huge part of who I am. I am grateful for our practice last night. Being able to sing is such a blessing for me. Especially since I get to do it with people who love music too. Plus, we get to sing in church. Which brings me to my next item.

2. Faith - what's nice about our choir director is aside from the music part (which he's obviously good at), we spend time discussing liturgy and theology too. I have to admit, we may be looking at the same thing from a different perspective at times. But it doesn't mean only a single view is correct. This happens in all organizations - even the Catholic Church. Just think: the Jesuits, Dominicans, Franciscans, Opus Dei all have a different "approach," so to speak. But ultimately, it all boils down to Him.



3. Choirmates - I am glad that I belong to a choir that is very diverse. This makes our conversations much livelier and spontaneous. I also enjoy the fact that we enjoy sharing personal stories and discussing opinions without compromising respect for others. I do hope we get to recruit additional members, for more fun!

4. Good food - from Jollibee Cheesy Bacon Burger, to the birthday celebration of George (a choirmate) where we ate spaghetti, garlic chicken, lots of ice cream and cake, a lot of good food was all around! Very blessed indeed.

5. Long weekend - this does not affect me particularly, since I am currently unemployed. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the long weekend (due to the barangay elections), as it gives most folks the opportunity to really spend time with their families.

I have a lot of great things to be thankful for because of what happened today (it is Saturday, 2307H as of this writing). But that's for tomorrow's entry. Thanks for dropping by!

Namaste
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment