Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gratitude Journal - 20 October 2013

Blessed Sunday morning! Today I am grateful for the following:

1. Running - yesterday I went to Filinvest in Alabang and ran for a little over an hour. This is another great running venue option for me - it's secluded, there are lots of hills, and very few cars pass through. This is at the Palms Country Club area all the way to the driving range and Manong's. I was aiming for non-stop running for an hour , and I'm so happy I did exactly that! I can check how much distance have I covered, but to be honest it doesn't really matter at this point.

2. Yoga - after running, I went back to Molito where I parked my car and went straight up to Gold's Gym. There, I practiced yoga for half an hour. Just the sun salutation, followed by a few other poses. I'm so happy that I'm beginning to be more consistent in practicing daily. I was able to practice thrice out of the last four days. Yoga really helps me in a lot of ways. Just breathe, and let go. Simple, isn't it?



3. Bill payments and other errands - I am grateful for BDO and the fact that some of their branches are open on Saturdays. One such branch is the one here inside BF (near Starbucks). I was able to pay the usual household obligations - phone, cable, etc. I was also able to do a bit of grocery shopping - now, this is something I truly enjoy. In fact, I like grocery shopping more than shopping for clothes or shoes! :-)

4. Jamba Juice - given my current lack of source of income, splurging on Jamba Juice after running and yoga is a real treat indeed! The juice bar across Gold's, Pump, has closed down already. :-( They're much better than Jamba, not to mention cheaper. But it's all good. I got a strawberry smoothie with a free C & Zinc booster. A lot of people are into juices and smoothies now - probably in their efforts to stay healthy. I hope this isn't just a fad. And I hope local companies can shape up and come up with a store that can compete with a global franchise such as Jamba Juice.

5. 8 hours of sleep - now this is a real treat! I usually get by with just 6 hours of sleep, but when I woke up this morning, I realized I've slept for over eight hours! Guess my body needed to recover from all the running I did yesterday. And I'm very grateful for that!

Here's to a great Sunday. I am hoping that today will be very productive. And I'll be capping the night off by hearing Mass and singing with the choir. Namaste.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment