Monday, October 28, 2013

Gratitude Journal - 27 October 2013

Forgot to post this yesterday! My bad. But no worries. The important thing is I just keep up at this.

I had a great Saturday! My dear friend Jeyn and I initially blocked off our calendars to try out a new spa in QC (yes, we would go all the way to QC to check out a new spa. Or a new resto. LOL). However, Jeyn had already tried the spa a week before, and she said it wasn't good. That, plus the fact that we didn't have any more funds for getting a massage, meant we had to think of a different activity. What initially started as just a free breakfast turned out into a whole day filled with fun, laughter, food and friendship! Here I go:

1. Free Starbucks breakfast - Jeyn's older sister said she needed help with a seminar she organised at St. Luke's Global, and in exchange for our help she would treat us to breakfast. So that's what we did! The help was really just to make sure everything was organised, especially on the meals side (for the attendees). When I got there, everything was pretty much set, Jeyn and I just took care of the coffee. After less than half an hour, we trooped to Starbucks where we had our free breakfast! Yay!



2. Free dinner at Ginzadon - during breakfast, Dinah (my friend from IC) asked if I wanted to have high tea at Cafe Maxims. I said I was with Jeyn, whom she'd met at a previous event. Dinah said i should bring her along, so that's what we did! We decided to meet up at Resorts World at 4pm. Jeyn and I arrived early, so we just walked around the mall. Echo then joined us at 4:30 pm. Since Dinah was not around yet (she got caught in traffic), we decided to have a snack at McDonald's first. I tried the cookie batter McFlurry for the first time - wow!!! It's really good. Anyway Dinah finally arrived, and she suggested that we have dinner straight away (it was 5:30 pm by then). We went to Ginzadon, a Japanese and Korean restaurant at the 2nd floor if Cafe Maxims. The food was great! I even tried Kirin beer for the first time. Thanks for the treat, Dinah!

3. Free coffee at Cafe Maxims - after dinner we went downstairs and had coffee. The civet coffee (or cafe alamid) was really good! Very smooth and rich. Speaking of rich, the price was the same, too. PHP350 for one cup of coffee! Yes, it is hotel-priced, but civet coffee is really expensive. If you don't know what this is, go look it up! I hope that the Philippines will become a major exporter of the civet coffee. We also had cakes. Let's see, there was mango yogurt cheesecake, white toblerone, and tiramisu. Needless to say, after McDonald's, Ginzadon, and Cafe Maxims, we were super stuffed!!!

4. Friendship - I am super grateful for having a good set of friends. I have known these people for years, and we've gone through a lot already. What I like is that these people are passionate - whether with food, their careers, or anything, really. People who know their purpose (or are on their way to realizing them) and are making efforts to fulfill them. People who want to help other people. Things have not been easy for me these past several months, and I am glad I get to have a solid support system with my friends. :-)

5. Video call with Claire - we were supposed to have a video call with Claire (via WeChat) during breakfast, but she didn't reply to pur message. Anyway she finally called around lunchtime, but we were having technical difficulties. So after a few minutes of trying, we just ended up having an audio call instead. But it was so good to hear from Claire again! I miss Australia. Hopefully I get the chance to visit again. And hopefully that would be next year. Fingers crossed!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment