Monday, October 21, 2013

Gratitude Journal - 21 October 2013

After the whole Tumblr/Blogger mess with my yesterday's post, I've decided to turn off the IFTTT recipes first and focus on that at a later date. It's a good thing I logged in to Facebook yesterday, several hours after I wrote my entry. Otherwise, the endless cycle of re-posting from Blogger to Tumblr and vice-versa would have continued. Like FOREVER. On the other hand, that seemed like a good stress test opportunity of sorts. Hehehe.

Anyway, here is my gratitude journal for today.

1. Breakfast with Dad and Tito Apen at Jollibee - my Dad suddenly decided to eat out for breakfast, and as I was about to take the car out of the garage, we spotted my uncle, whom my Dad asked to join us. We didn't have a specific place in mind, and when we couldn't decide, we just ended up at Jollibee. I prefer McDonald's over Jollibee any day, but hey, I'm not complaining. Besides, only Jollibee has Palabok, which is what I ordered. :-)

2. Running in Nuvali - Dinah asked if I am free to join her, Marc-Antoine and Echo at Nuvali yesterday afternoon. Apparently, Marc was keen on trying out the wakeboarding. I said I would love to join if I can get to run. And she agreed to run with me. So, while Marc was wakeboarding for the first time, Echo, Dinah and I had a great time running (without any walking breaks, mind you) at Nuvali. What's funny was it was starting to get dark when we were running, and the street lights haven't switched on yet. Since Nuvali was so huge and empty, it was beginning to get a little creepy. We then saw another runner who was all alone, running in the opposite direction. We bumped into him again when we turned around and headed back to the wakeboarding area.



3. Bulalo in Tagaytay - Echo suggested we have dinner in Tagaytay. Dinah acquiesced, but only if we will all ride in Echo's car. So we parked Dinah's car at Paseo de Sta. Rosa, after which we all trooped to Tagaytay using Echo's car. I mentioned that I know a great bulalo place that I've tried with my family last year, but I just couldn't remember the name. When we stopped at what I think is the place, I got confused and said that wasn't it. Then we got too far when we reached the SM Hypermarket going to Batangas. When we turned around, I took a second look at the place and realized that was it! The name of the place is Diner Restaurant. But a diner setting it definitely wasn't! All Filipino food, with bulalo as their specialty. A welcome addition to the restaurant was the presence of nipa huts outside where diners can eat. So that's what we did. Great weather, plus really good bulalo equals happy tummy!

4. Videoke - the restaurant had their own videoke system, complete with really loud speakers and good mics! One speaker was even set up outside the restaurant, so the diners in the nipa huts, as well as cars passing by the main road, can definitely hear you sing! Seeing that we probably wouldn't be visiting the place again anytime soon, I asked if I could sing, and the staff said yes! And it was for free too. :-) Dinah and I sang a few songs, and we ended with a duet. I was bullying Marc-Antoine into singing even just one song, but he says he's too shy. Maybe next time when we're all inebriated? LOL

5. Progress with Empire Defense 2 - this is an indulgence of mine. A tower defense game that is highly addicting! For me, at least. I got stuck at a particular level for the longest time. When I researched online, turns out I wasn't the only one. So I had to play A LOT of games to earn money to upgrade the levels of my soldiers. After doing that, I was FINALLY able to complete that level. Hooray!

Here's to more blessings!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment