Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gratitude Journal - Hiatus

I have an announcement: effective yesterday, 04 November 2013, I will not be posting mt gratitude journal on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong. I think it is in my nature to be grateful. I would still practice acts of gratitude on a daily basis.I may not write it down here, but it doesn't mean I won't do it.

The thing is, I feel that I have been using this journal as a crutch, a too, an excuse. An excuse to make me feel that I am actually doing something and not just waiting. I have been in a rut for the past several months, it is hard to really get my gears into action. As far as planning is concerned, of thinking of the bigger picture, of the next steps, I got it down pat. It is in the doing part in which I need a lot of help. Yoga teacher training, finding means of earning money, helping out others in my chosen foundation - I need to act now.

I still have a cough, but I think I would be able to run (albeit at a slow pace) and practice gentle yoga. Wish me luck tonight!

It's not as if I haven't done anything. It's just that what I'm doing is not enough. Like what Edison said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." So I have to find another way. I keep telling my friends who come to me for advice: we have to acknowledge whatever it is we are feeling. Take a deep breath, acknowledge your <insert emotion here, e.g. anger, jealousy, resentment>, and let it go. So, I have acknowledged the emotion. As for letting it go, I would like to think I have indeed done that. However, if I have it only means that I am ready to move forward right? See, there's the rub - I am still in this lethargic state. I feel that I take one step forward, only to take two steps back. I guess I just have to stop thinking and start doing.

Sorry, I know I am rambling now, but I know you catch my drift. The year's not over yet, let's make it count!


Namaste,

No comments:

Post a Comment