Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Updates from The Running Yogi - 28 Nov 2012

So happy to have finally practiced again at The Yoga Place. Will talk more about the studio in a different post. Last night's session was very good for me. My body misses yoga - the heat, the various asanas, the breathing. Managed to do some of the more challenging poses (for me, at least), such as the Supra Virasana, or the Sleeping Hero pose, as well as the Marichyasana, or Sage pose. The latter is a huge breakthrough for me - I cannot do this pose without the use of a towel (as I used to be unable to make my hands meet and fingers locked). Hooray for progress! Will make entries on various poses and its benefits soon.

Early this morning, I got up and ran around the village park. My Adidas MiCoach on my BlackBerry is messed up again for some reason. I ran 5 km today. Actually, it can be anywhere from 4.9-5.6 km. That's a wide range, I know. But I tried measuring the distance of one whole round around the park - I got a range of 0.7-0.8 km. Plus, there's also the fact that you could've taken a longer route using the same path - perhaps I took the outer lanes, yeah? Anyway, the point is it I ran,and it feels great!

Here's to a great Wednesday. :-)


Cheers,

Earl Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment